Free School Meals
Universal free school meals
If your child is in year 2 or below they can get free school meals. If you receive certain benefits, your child’s school can also get some additional money to support their learning if you register. For more information speak to your child’s school or apply online.
Your child might be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Year 3 or above
If your child is under 19 and in full-time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them. The quickest and easiest way to apply for school meals is to apply online. Online FSM Application (cloudforedu.org.uk)
Your eligibility will be checked, and your application processed straight away. If your application is successful, the school will be notified by email immediately and your child should start receiving their free school meal within 24 hours.