Secondary & Grammar Entry

Whatever choices you make regarding secondary education after Brookland you may find the following information useful.

Applying for a secondary school place

You must apply for a secondary school place for your child to start year 7 at secondary school. You will need to do this when your child is in Year 6 at primary school. To find out more, click the link here and select Secondary School Places.

If you wish to apply for a Kent Grammar school place, you can register your child for the Kent Test. For more information visit the KCC website.

Folkestone Grammar Schools

The Folkestone School For Girls and The Harvey Grammar Schools for boys have their own selective test in addition to the Kent Test. More information can be found on their respective websites, along with copies of the forms to download and key dates for submitting the forms and dates of the tests.

Skip to content