Sports Premium Funding Statement
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing £450 million on improving Physical Education and Sport in Primary Schools over the next three academic years.
DfE Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
All pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Aims and Objectives
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active life styles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport